The Illinois Open Technology Challenge will award a $15,000 prize to a single submission in each of the four pilot communities (Belleville, Champaign, Rockford, and South Suburbs).
There is also a $15,000 prize for a submission that uses statewide data to address a statewide issue. Here’s a look at some possible datasets one could use in a statewide app:
- Illinois Long Term 2008-2018 Long Term Industry Projections
- FY2010 Governor’s Report – Closings.SF Home
- IEMA Hazardous Material Spills – A list of reports taken by IEMA of Hazardous Material spills in Illinois
- IDOT – IL Unified Certification Program (UCP) DBE Directory Effec 1 19 12
The IL UCP’s five participating agencies maintain this DBE Directory (Directory) to provide a reference source to assist bidders/proposers in meeting DBE contract goals. The five agencies include IDOT, City of Chicago, Pace, CTA, and Metra
- FY 2014 Illinois Operating Budget Detail
Historical and proposed appropriations for state budgeted entities.
- DCEO Grants – Grants given by DCEO (Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity)